Monday, June 19, 2017

Nina Massara Watch Me (2017)


Well, well, well. Back from a long travel absence I found myself contemplating this photo from a danish girl with an italian name on the cover of her first album. My friend Leen sent me the stuff to see what I would make of it. Since then, I have heard the music and found out the girl loves places like New Orleans and Nashville. The plot thickened. In fact, the music tells it all and it's a mix of all the above. Sign of the modern times. A perfectly balanced, well performed and recorded album with New Orleans and country influences infused into an unmistakably bluesy atmosphere. Great musicians (I do love the guitar playing). And what about Nina? Well, she's not a blues, gospel, or country singer. And, after all, she's not american. Some would say tipically scandinavian, judging by other known female singers from that part of the world. I agree. But there's something more. Let me guess. I hear naughtiness. And that's why she can sing the blues, punks. Nina is a bad girl, not too much, just enough, that sings the blues from yonder danish fields to the Mississippi waters and Tennessee hills, and she does it in her own way, but just right.
Nina Massara's Watch Me is some twisted sort of a pearl in the blues, I mean, country, I mean New Orleans musical scene. You will dig it, punks, and you will scramble to get it. Right now! Punks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.